Multimedia PC and Macintosh workstations are available in the Technology Commons on the 2nd floor of the UCSF Library (CL240), and in the Multipurpose Media Room (CL247). Before reserving a workstation, please refer to our "Multimedia Workstations: Getting Started" guide for information about what software and hardware are installed.
To review reservation policies, please select an available reservation slot below, or refer to our Multimedia Workstation Overview on the Library website.
TO RESERVE A WORKSTATION:
- Use the calendar below to select your desired reservation slots.
- Read the policies at the bottom. Click 'continue' to agree and proceed.
- Select additional reservation slots, if desired.
- Fill out your information, then click 'submit my booking'.
- You will receive an email with a confirmation link. You must click the confirmation link within an hour to confirm your reservation.
- You will receive a second email confirming your reservation.
In order to proceed, you must agree to the following:
- Multimedia workstations can be reserved by a single user for a maximum of four hours each day.
- Reserving time on a calendar does not guarantee staff will be available during your reservation.
- If you are more than 30 minutes late, you may forfeit your entire reservation.
- Unreserved time is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Priority is given to users requiring access to specialized multimedia hardware and software only available on these workstations. Multimedia workstations may be reserved for the following:
- Digital video and audio editing
- Video and audio encoding and transcoding
- Recording narrated presentations
- Slide scanning
- Large-format and transparency scanning
- DVD burning
Multimedia workstations may not be reserved for the following:
- Study groups or other group meetings
- Basic activities (checking email, working on Office documents) not requiring access to specialized hardware or software