Multimedia PC and Mac workstations are available in the Tech Commons on the 2nd floor of the UCSF Library (CL240) and in the eLearning Studio (CL245). Before reserving a workstation, please refer to the Multimedia Workstations: Getting Started guide for information about what software and hardware are installed.
TO RESERVE A WORKSTATION:
- Use the calendar below to select your desired reservation slots.
- Read the reservation policies. Click 'continue' to agree and proceed.
- Fill out your information, then click 'submit my booking'.
- You will receive an email with a confirmation link. You must click the confirmation link within one hour to confirm your reservation. You will receive another email confirming your reservation.
To review reservation policies, please select an available reservation slot below, or refer to our Multimedia Workstation Overview on the Library website.
In order to proceed, you must agree to the following:
- Multimedia workstations can be reserved by a single user for a maximum of four hours each day.
- If you are more than 30 minutes late, you may forfeit your entire reservation.
- Unreserved time is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Priority is given to users requiring access to specialized multimedia hardware and software only available on these workstations. Multimedia workstations may be reserved for the following:
- Digital video and audio editing
- Video and audio encoding and transcoding
- Recording narrated presentations
- Slide scanning
- Large-format and transparency scanning
- DVD burning
Multimedia workstations may not be reserved for the following:
- Study groups or other group meetings
- Basic activities (checking email, working on Office documents) not requiring access to specialized hardware or software