Note: register using your ucsf.edu email address. Do not use a gmail, yahoo, hotmail, or other account. A ucsf.edu email address is required to create an IPA training account. This account will be created about one week before the training.
This hands-on training session is geared for new and existing users. We will mainly focus on biological interpretation of expression data (including RNA-seq). Using IPA you will learn how to rapidly:
- Format, upload your data, and launch an analysis
- Identify likely pathways that are expressed
- Find causal regulators and their directional effect on genes functions and diseases
- Build pathways, make connections between entities, and overlay multiple datasets on a pathway or network
- Understand the effected biological processes
- Comparison Analysis: utilize a heat map to easily visualize trends across multiple time points or samples
You will also learn to explore IPA's knowledge & discovery tools that allow you to relate the most recent literature findings to your research. If you don’t have access to IPA, we will provide a training account. Also, learn how to join the institutional IPA license at UCSF.
Bring your laptop!
Instructor: Devendra Mistry, Ph.D., Field Application Scientist, QIAGEN