Publishing Bootcamp: Writing and Submitting your Scientific Article
Publishing the results of scientific research is a crucial step in the research lifecycle. This bootcamp is designed to walk early career researchers through the process of writing a scientific article and figuring out how and where to submit it. Join UCSF Librarians and writing expert Pamela Derish as we highlight the key aspects for preparing your work for publication.
Specifically, learners will learn how to:
- Write a scientific article
- Manage their references and literature throughout the writing process
- Choose high-quality journals
- Differentiate open access journal options
- Understand their copyright agreements
- Meet journal requirements for data sharing
Coffee and cookies will be provided.
This bootcamp is the first in a four-part series. Additional bootcamps on Peer Review (September 20), Presentations, and Promoting your Work will take place September - November. Stay tuned!
- Thursday, September 7, 2017
- 3:00pm - 5:00pm
- Mission Hall 1407
- Mission Bay
Anneliese is the Head of Scholarly Communication at the Library and works with the UCSF community on topics related to scholarly publishing and its components.