Print the page Add to a Calendar using iCal Share page on Facebook This link opens in a new window Add to Google Calendar This link opens in a new window Share page on Twitter This link opens in a new window
Data Cleaning with Open Refine In-Person
Got messy data? Open Refine is a powerful, free open-source software tool for cleaning and transforming data in a way that is easy to reproduce. If you have ever struggled to remember exactly how you modified your data in Excel, give Open Refine a try!
Materials and set up instructions available in the CLE: Data Cleaning with Open Refine
In this class we will cover the basics of:
- importing data
- faceting data to discover patterns
- clustering data (as in cases where NYC and New York City should be the same name)
- splitting data into multiple columns
- exporting clean data
Please bring your own laptop!
When you register, the Library reserves class space for you. Since many of our classes have a waitlist, please cancel your registration if you can no longer attend.
Related LibGuide: Reproducible Data Management by Ariel Deardorff
- Thursday, Feb 15 2018
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- Data Science Initiative Data Science Initiative > Data Management
Registration has closed.