Programming and Pizza: Python/R In-Person
Introducing data science book clubs! Want to learn a new programming language with a group? Love pizza? Join us twice a month from 4-5pm in the Mission Bay FAMRI Library as we work through the following books:
- Data Analysis with R: load, wrangle, and analyze your data using the world's most powerful statistical programming language. To read this book, follow instructions in the CLE:
- Python For Data Analysis (UCSF WPA users have a free subscription to the online version)
If you would like to participate in the book club, pick R or Python and do the assigned reading and exercises before the meeting. For the reading schedule and more information, see the Data Science Initiative CLE
Have a general programming question? Drop-in programming help will run from 5-6pm.
Bring your laptop! Computers will not be provided.
Brought to you by the UCSF Library Data Science Initiative and the Institute for Computational Health Sciences.
When you register, the Library reserves class space for you. Since many of our classes have a waitlist, please cancel your registration if you can no longer attend.
Related LibGuide: Reproducible Data Management by Ariel Deardorff
- Thursday, Jun 7 2018 Show more dates
- 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- Mission Bay FAMRI Library: Room CC150 (main reading room)
- Mission Bay
- Data Science Initiative Data Science Initiative > Programming