Introduction to Bioconductor In-Person
This course is intended for those with some R programming experience and a desire to use R for bioinformatics. This is not an introduction to R programming or to bioinformatics. If you have taken Intro to R or the R Software Carpentry workshop, you should meet the R programming requirements.
Objective 1: Use Bioconductor packages for obtaining omics data from public repositories
Objective 2: Go through common workflows for annotating DNA variants and for RNA-seq analysis
In order to be successful in this class, you must meet these requirements before the class starts:
- Be able to install and load packages, use package functions and help files, read, write and manipulate data, use conditional expressions and write simple functions.
- Have R installed and working (instructions)
- Have RStudio installed and working (instructions)
- Have Bioconductor installed and working (instructions)
Please meet each of these requirements before the start of the class. There will be no time alotted for software installation.
When you register, the Library reserves class space for you. Since many of our classes have a waitlist, please cancel your registration if you can no longer attend.
Related LibGuide: Bioinformatics and Statistics Resources by Karla Lindquist
- Thursday, Aug 23 2018
- 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- Mission Hall 1407
- Mission Bay