Programming and Pizza: Python/R
Join us for an R or Python discussion from 4-5pm followed by general programming help from 5-6pm. Pizza provided while supply lasts.
- Want to learn more about R or Python, but don't know where to start?
- Do you have a specific programming problem and need advice?
- Do you have programming skills and want to help others?
- Join us to talk about tools, resources, and other programming topics. Beginners welcome!
Locations for Feb 21 and March 21: Meet in Mission Hall 1105 for R and Mission Hall 1106 for Python.
4 - 5pm: Discuss an R or Python programming topic as a group.
- Python topic: machine learning activity using HIV/AIDS data from LSTA grant awarded to the UCSF Archives & Special Collections
- R topic: Check back here for the topic and related reading.
5 - 6pm: Drop in programming help
Bring your laptop! Computers will not be provided.
Brought to you by the UCSF Library Data Science Initiative and the Institute for Computational Health Sciences.
When you register, the Library reserves class space for you. Since many of our classes have a waitlist, please cancel your registration if you can no longer attend.
Related LibGuide: Reproducible Data Management by Ariel Deardorff
- Thursday, March 21, 2019
- 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Mission Hall 1105, Mission Hall 1106
- Mission Bay