PubMed for Clinicians (Online)
Most of us in the biomedical sciences use PubMed for research, but did you know that the database has features to help you quickly find evidence for clinical questions? You will learn about the different approaches required for answering questions in clinical scenarios versus research projects. The class will cover PubMed's Clinical Queries, the MeSH database, and some additional features in UptoDate. You will improve your search skills so that you can quickly and efficiently incorporate evidence-based information into your clinical practice.
By the end of this class, you will learn how to:
- structure searches for clinical questions
- utilize PubMed's Clinical Queries feature
- utilize the MeSH Database when appropriate
- filter for Study Types
- create Table of Contents alerts with Single Citation Matcher
- find Diagnostic Algorithms in UptoDate
This is an online class taught over Zoom. Sophia will send you a Zoom link a day before the class.
- Wednesday, May 8, 2019
- 10:00am - 11:30am