Intro to OpenSCAD
Want to learn OpenSCAD, a powerful and versatile 3D modeling program that runs on code? It’s easy to pick up even if you’ve never coded before! This pop-up is for beginners; no coding experience is required. You will need to bring a laptop with OpenSCAD already installed (https://www.openscad.org/downloads.html). If you have installation issues, plan to arrive ~10 minutes early so the instructors can help you troubleshoot.
After attending the 90-minute pop-up you will be able to:
- Understand how to manipulate basic shapes in OpenSCAD
- Design a 3D model with inset text in OpenSCAD
- Export a model out of OpenSCAD for 3D printing
- Be familiar with resources online to jump-start your next OpenSCAD project
This pop-up is led by Rebecca Jaszczak, a PhD Candidate in the UCSF Biomedical Sciences program.
Have questions about the Makers Lab? Visit the Makers Lab website or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. This pop-up is open to the UCSF community.
When you register for a pop-up, the Library reserves space for you. Since many of our pop-ups have a waitlist, please cancel your registration if you can no longer attend.
- Monday, Oct 14 2019
- 2:00pm - 3:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- Makers Lab - Main Floor