Learning Innovations Showcase: The Day Everything Went Remote Part 2 Online
On March 16th we rapidly transitioned the educational mission to fully remote. Hear the stories of how UCSF educators have adapted and be ready to share your own.
Join us at the next Learning Innovations Showcase on Thursday, July 23, 12-1pm. This session will provide attendees with insight into the rapid curricular changes that faculty and staff had to make due to the COVID-19 pandemic and how they plan to provide the best possible learning experience in the fall. We also plan to have an open discussion with the attendees on their own experience and plans moving forward.
Showcase presenters include: Rupa Tuan, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology; Liz Austin, Manager, Foundational Sciences - Assessment, Curriculum and Evaluation.
The July 23 showcase will be held via Zoom. Attendees will receive the Zoom link and password after registering.
This showcase is designed by and for the UCSF education community to create opportunities to explore innovative applications of technology in education. At the Learning Innovations Showcase, educators can come together and learn from their peers, share best practices, see demonstrations, and discover new technologies.
The Learning Innovations Showcase provides opportunities to:
- Meet others in the community and find potential collaborators
- Participate in hands-on activities
- Attract funding, develop elevator pitches, get feedback from students and others
- Share innovative use cases of existing tools - e.g., Zoom, Poll Everywhere
- Share experiments using newer tools for education - e.g., VR/AR, 3D printing
- Nurture ideas that could be proposed to CET for IT Roadmap funds
Look forward to more Learning Innovations Showcases, scheduled every quarter. The Learning Innovations Showcase is a collaboration between the IT Governance Committee on Educational Technology (CET) and the UCSF Library.
Questions? Contact Sean.McClelland@ucsf.edu.
- Thursday, Jul 23 2020
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.