PubMed, Power & Privilege Online
Where does "evidence" come from? Who determines its value? Who can access it? This class provides tips for critical searching along with a deeper look into the power structures that shape our ability to find and access articles for research and practice.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Describe & critique the academic publishing model in the context of power and privilege
- Recognize how structural racism and other forms of oppression are built into PubMed searches-- and how to eradicate them
- Create & evaluate PubMed searches using a critical lens
Class slides are available here, and a Zoom link will be emailed before the session.
- Wednesday, Sep 23 2020
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.