Learning Innovations Showcase: The Impact of COVID-19 on Clinical Teaching Online
Campus restrictions due to COVID-19 brought about changes in the way programs conducted their clinical teaching.
In this showcase session you will hear about changes to the Kanbar Learning Center's plans and operations that needed to be put in place quickly. You will also hear from faculty in the School of Nursing and School of Dentistry about modifications to their clinical teaching that had to be implemented swiftly, safely and effectively.
Facilitator: Annette Carley DNP RN NNP PNP, UCSF School of Nursing.
Showcase presenters include: Wesley Cayabyab, Simulation Technician, Kanbar Learning Center; Angelita Barrios DNP RN CNS, Assistant Clinical Professor, School of Nursing; Katie Hettinger MSN RN, Assistant Clinical Professor, School of Nursing; Stephanie Wallace, Director of Education & Curricular Services, School of Dentistry; and Patience Lyman, Years 1 & 2 Course Coordinator, School of Dentistry.
The November 5th showcase will be held via Zoom. After registering, attendees will receive an email containing the Zoom link and password one day before the event.
This showcase is designed by and for the UCSF education community to create opportunities to explore innovative applications of technology in education. At the Learning Innovations Showcase, educators can come together and learn from their peers, share best practices, see demonstrations, and discover new technologies.
The Learning Innovations Showcase provides opportunities to:
- Meet others in the community and find potential collaborators
- Participate in hands-on activities
- Attract funding, develop elevator pitches, get feedback from students and others
- Share innovative use cases of existing tools - e.g., Zoom, Poll Everywhere
- Share experiments using newer tools for education - e.g., VR/AR, 3D printing
- Nurture ideas that could be proposed to CET for IT Roadmap funds
Look forward to more Learning Innovations Showcases, scheduled every quarter. The Learning Innovations Showcase is a collaboration between the IT Governance Committee on Educational Technology (CET) and the UCSF Library.
Questions? Contact Sean.McClelland@ucsf.edu.
- Thursday, Nov 5 2020
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.