Power & Sample Size Workshop Online
In this workshop, we will provide a brief review of the concepts underlying power and sample size analysis. Following this, we will use R for hands-on programming practice with power and sample size calculations for several different types of analyses, including parametric and nonparametric tests using both analytical and simulation approaches.
- Become familiar with concepts such as type I and II error, effect sizes, and confidence intervals
- Know how to do power and sample size calculations for several common study designs and tests
- Know how to create power and sample size plots from grid searches
- Know how to use simulations for more complex analyses
A basic understanding of statistics and the purpose of doing power and sample size calculations, and familiarity with R programming will be helpful but not required.
If you want to follow the R coding exercises presented during this workshop, please install R and RStudio beforehand.
Workshop materials will be available online here by the time the workshop begins, and will be available afterwards.
Karla Lindquist is the Scientific Lead for the Library's Data Science Initiative
Related LibGuide: Bioinformatics and Statistics Resources by Karla Lindquist
- Wednesday, Dec 9 2020
- 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.