Healing Botany: An Everyday Inspiration Online
This workshop explores healing plants from medieval and early modern botanical manuscripts and ways to be inspired by and benefit from botanical gardens, the visual characteristics of plants, and their healing properties.
What Workshop Offers:
- Introduce previous work and experiences of 2021 UCSF Library Artist in Residence, Pantea Karimi.
- Present select images of botanical manuscripts from the UCSF Library’s archive, including De Materia Medica, originally written in the 1st c.
- Introduce the visual properties and health benefits of select plants from medieval times.
- Complete a fun, curious botanical exercise with participants.
Presented by Pantea Karimi, UCSF Library's current Artist in Residence. To learn more about the Artist in Residence program, visit the UCSF Library website.
This event is open to the UCSF community and will be held via Zoom. If you are a DPH employee, UCSF alum or retiree, please contact the Makers Lab to register for this pop-up. Attendees will receive the Zoom link and password after registering.
Contact the Makers Lab if you have questions about this event.
- Wednesday, Oct 20 2021
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.