3D Printing Part 2: Intro to 3D Modeling Online
Recommended prerequisite: 3D Printing Part 1
Want to create your own models to 3D print in the Makers Lab?
Join Makers Lab staff for the second pop-up in a three-part series covering the basics of 3D design & modeling using the web-based application Tinkercad. This pop-up is for beginners, but all skills levels are welcome to attend.
After attending the 90-minute pop-up you will be able to:
- Design a basic 3D model in Tinkercad
- Export a model out of Tinkercad for 3D printing
- Locate resources for continuing your learning with Tinkercad
- Identify other 3D design & modeling software for more advanced projects
Make sure to sign up for a Tinkercad account before the pop-up and use a three-button if you have one available. You don't even need to download Tinkercad, it is a free, web-based application that you can use anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection.
Register below to receive the Zoom link and password.
All Makers Lab pop-ups are open to the UCSF community. If you are a DPH employee, UCSF alum or retiree, please contact the Makers Lab to register for this pop-up.
Can’t make it to this pop-up? Self-enroll in the Makers Lab On-Demand CLE course to watch the recording.
- Tuesday, Nov 16 2021
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.