New NIH Policy for Data Management and Sharing - Get the Scoop! Online
Starting in January of 2023, NIH will be implementing a new Data Management and Sharing Policy. This policy will require all NIH researchers to prospectively plan for how their scientific data will be preserved and shared through submission of a Data Management and Sharing Plan. This session will give an overview of data management plans (DMPs), dive deep into the new NIH requirements, and share local resources and tools to help you work reproducible data sharing into your research workflow.
By the end of this workshop attendees will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of a data management plan
- Identify a data repository appropriate for your research data
- Write a data management and sharing plan that meet NIH requirements
- Identify UCSF resources to help with the data management process
Ariel Deardorff is the Data Services Librarian at UCSF, and member of the Library's Data Science Initiative team. Ariel teaches courses on data management, open science and reproducibility. For questions about this course or other courses email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Data Science Initiative Website
Related LibGuide: Reproducible Data Management by Ariel Deardorff
- Tuesday, Jan 17 2023
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.