Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), starting March 2020 and until further notice, the UCSF Archives and Special Collections reading room is CLOSED. The archives staff will be able to provide limited online reference service during this closure.
ARCHIVES READING ROOM: HOW IT WORKS
Make an Appointment
- The Reading Room is open by appointment only, Monday–Wednesday, from 9am–12noon, and 1pm– 4pm.
- Use the calendar below to select the entire duration of your appointment.
- Please be as specific as possible when identifying the research materials you would like to see during your visit.
- Registration closes one week prior to appointment times as some collections are stored off-site, or otherwise may require advance notice to prepare.
- Reading Room capacity is three researchers at a time, but we do our best to accommodate everybody.
The Reading Room is located in room 527 on the 5th floor of the Parnassus Library.
If your schedule does not allow for an appointment during these times, you would like to visit on a day in which registration has already closed, or you have questions, please contact us.