Intro to the Unix Shell
This class will introduce the UNIX shell. You'll learn to navigate the file system, manipulate files and directories, search for files with grep and find, write simple loops and scripts, and automate basic tasks. Bring your laptop! Computers will not be provided.
Class materials available in the CLE: Introduction to Unix
This class is part of series.
- Oct 11: Intro to Unix (this class)
- Oct 18: Intro to Python, Part 1
- Oct 26: Intro to Python, Part 2
- Nov 8: Intro to SQL (registration will open on Oct 9)
When you register, the Library reserves class space for you. Since many of our classes have a waitlist, please cancel your registration if you can no longer attend.
Related LibGuide: Reproducible Data Management by Ariel Deardorff
- Thursday, October 11, 2018
- 10:30am - 1:00pm
- Mission Hall 1406
- Mission Bay