CANCELLED - Human Library: In Conversation with UCSF
You may be interested in 7-Minute Stories on June 5th. 7-Minutes Stories is an open mic storytelling event.
Do you want to tell a story (any story!) or listen? Find out more and register: https://calendars.library.ucsf.edu/event/5377933
Have you ever read a book about an experience you knew little to nothing about? How did it shift your thinking about the world and the people in it? What if you could sit with the author and have a conversation?
Register to be a reader at Human Library: In Conversation with UCSF. This event is an opportunity for the UCSF community to engage in one-on-one conversations that go beyond small talk to learn more about their colleagues.
Register below to be a reader! As a reader you will:
- meet new folks at UCSF! We are a large campus and this event will be an opportunity to speak with someone you might not ordinarily encounter.
- exercise your empathy.
- experience new and different perspectives.
- be provided a free lunch!
All UCSF Library patrons are required to follow our conduct policy.
As a Human Library Reader, you must also follow the Human Library Code of Ethics.
We want to ensure that all Human Library Authors, Readers, and other volunteers feel safe and respected. After an initial warning, you will be asked to leave if you violate any of these policies.
These conversations aim to:
- establish a safe conversational space, where honest questions are expected, appreciated and hopefully answered by authors.
- challenge societal prejudices wherever and for whatever reasons they occur, and to help people form a better understanding of those with whom they share their communities.
What are the conversations like?
Conversations are up to twenty minutes long. The outcome of the session and the direction of the dialogue is guided by the questions asked by the reader. It is within the privilege of both parties to end the conversation at any point they decide.
This event is in partnership with Campus Life Services (CLS), Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP), Office of the Ombuds, and the Office of Diversity and Outreach (ODO).
- Thursday, May 9, 2019
- 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Living Room - Main Floor