Zoom: Strategies for Engaging your Students Online
This 90-minute training will explore tools that can be used to engage students in your next Zoom session. Topics include breakout rooms, polls, reactions, Zoom etiquette, and strategies for using these tools to create an interactive environment for your students. The training will kick off with a 60-minute demonstration followed by a 30-minute attendee-driven Q&A and practice session to help you get acquainted with tools. Sessions leaders include Sean McClelland, Learning Tech Specialist (Library), and Ben Wallen, Ed Tech Support Specialist (ETS).
Register below to receive the Zoom link and password.
Check the CLE for materials and recordings: http://tiny.ucsf.edu/remoteteaching.
FAQS: Library Help Center
Faculty Development for Transitioning to Remote Teaching Series:
- Aug 11: Zoom: Introduction to Web Conferencing
- Aug 18: Zoom: Strategies for Engaging your Students (this session)
- Aug 20: Designing Online Classes: Remote Instruction Workshop
- Aug 25: Managing your Classroom in a Digital Environment
- Aug 27: Education for all in the Online Environment
- Tuesday, Aug 18 2020
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.